Pastor Bob Totino and his family along with six other families began Northcrest Community Church in 1993, meeting in a home. On Easter Sunday, 1994, they held their first public meeting at Lamar Middle School in Flower Mound, Texas and the church was launched. With the help of the Texas/Louisiana District of the Wesleyan Church, land was purchased on South Garden Ridge at our present location. Eventually a day school was added and today Kids’ Kingdom Christian Learning Center provides christian training for infants, toddlers, pre-schoolers and school-aged children.
Robert Sterie now pastors Northcrest Community Church. Robert’s passion in life is to help others deepen their relationships with our amazing God. He is a lifelong follower of Jesus and a graduate of the University of Texas at Dallas (BA History, 2004) and Dallas Theological Seminary (ThM, 2007). He has pastored churches in Oklahoma and Alberta (Canada), and comes to Northcrest with nearly a decade of pastoral ministry experience under his belt.
Robert married his wife Sarah in 2010, and they have three children together — Seth (4), Natalie (3) and Ben (4 months). Robert was raised in Grapevine, Texas, and is a passionate supporter of the Big Four DFW area teams: the Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks and Stars. You can often find him enmeshed in a systematic theology textbook, building the longest road in the Settlers of Catan board game or throwing a nasty curveball in a slow pitch softball game.
Our mission is:
- To maximize our full potential in helping others develop a relationship with Christ
- To grow in community with God and others
- To implement servant-hood as a way of life
- To multiply Christ-followers, leaders, community groups and church
ALL TO THE GLORY OF GOD!
At Northcrest Community Church, we believe:
- In God the Father, and in Jesus Christ, His only son.
- The virgin birth of Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit who is always at work convicting, convincing, and comforting.
- Jesus Christ was buried, and on the third day rose again.
- Jesus Christ now sits at God’s right hand interceding for his people.
- In the forgiveness of sins, and the resurrection of the body.
- The Holy Bible is God’s Word; that it is given by divine inspiration and contains all things necessary to our salvation and life. The Holy Bible is the final authority on all matters of faith and practice.
- Those who receive new life in Jesus Christ are called to be holy in character and conduct, and can only live this way by being filled with the Holy Spirit. This occurs when the believer presents their whole life, by faith, to God.
- God desires for people everywhere to know Him and that the purpose of the church is to tell the world about Jesus Christ through worship, witness, and loving deeds.